Kitchen Renovations in Vancouver
Your kitchen is the showpiece of your home. These days, with the trend toward open-floor plans, it also dictates design decisions in the surrounding spaces, like your living and dining rooms. If you decide to eventually sell your home, the look and feel of your kitchen will be the most important selling point and can sway a buyer’s decision: according to Realtor.com, any properties listed as having ‘luxury kitchens’ sell more quickly and for a higher price than similarly-sized properties in the same area.
Because they are used daily for meal preparation, kitchens go through a lot of wear and tear that can be difficult to repair, especially if it’s been years since they were last remodeled (if ever). If it’s been awhile why not give your kitchen a new and modern look by hiring Kanox Construction to renovate it?
Kitchen renovations can consist of a total space reconfiguration or simply extensive update to the design and aesthetics. Some of the trends that inspire kitchen remodeling today include:
- Smart kitchens. Modern luxury kitchens in Vancouver integrate various forms of technology, such as wireless appliances and speakers and voice-activated controls.
- Integrated appliances. Integrated appliances continue to be popular. This includes wall ovens and induction cooktops that give your kitchen a seamless look.
- Dedicated prep spaces. More homeowners are requesting dedicated prep areas. These are often seen as dedicated chopping or baking areas built onto taller kitchen islands.
- Textured countertops. While marble remains the epitome of class, high-end kitchens are now using different finishes. We’re seeing a lot of leathered finishes that are both natural-looking and sophisticated.
- Open shelving. Kitchen upper cabinets are being replaced by glass, metal, or wood or shelving. It’s a look and function inspired by retail spaces and makes a bold statement.
- Gunmetal and pewter fixtures. According to Elle Decor, gunmetal and pewter fixtures are growing in popularity. This material provides texture and depth without an overwhelming effect.
While you can change the appearance of your kitchen by upgrading your cabinet hardware and repainting the walls, a complete renovation with new countertops, appliances, cabinets, and even floors deliver a multitude of benefits that make the initial cost well worth it.
Kitchens are popular gathering spaces, and the right renovations can make yours a more comfortable place for friends and family to get together. For example:
- An improved ventilation system can reduce the heat and odors generated by meal preparation.
- Installing a kitchen island provides seating space for you to work and can also add a secondary dining area when some of your family members are out and you don’t need to use the dining room.
- Increasing the size of the windows will let in more natural light and make the kitchen look bright and airy.
A strategically-planned renovation will increase the overall functionality of your kitchen. Upgrading the appliances and lighting fixtures will improve meal preparation and ambiance while extending the height of your existing cabinets or adding new ones will provide more storage space. If there is a wall between your kitchen and the living or dining room, why not knock it down to make your living spaces more airy and open?
Reduced Energy Costs
When your older kitchen appliances, such as the stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher, are replaced by more energy-efficient models, it can reduce your home’s overall power consumption and lower your utility bills. Other energy-saving measures you can introduce by renovating include:
- Replacing the light fixtures with LED models, which use 75% less enegrgy and last longer.
- Installing low-flow faucets to reduce water use by up to 60%.
Make Your Home Safer
Like any appliance, stoves, dishwashers, and other kitchen amenities can present a hazard with age and use, as they tend to have outdated electrical components. Installing new energy-efficient appliances can make your kitchen safer, especially if you opt for wall ovens that are beyond a small child’s reach. If you have younger children, you can also install inconspicuous drawers and cupboards to contain knives, cleavers, and other sharp food preparation items.
Increase the Value of Your Home
Homeowners looking to add value to their property are advised to target two areas: the kitchen and the bathroom. A survey by Royal Lepage suggested that renovating your kitchen could increase the sale price of your home by 12.5%. Depending on the extent of the renovation, you can also recoup up to 70% of your costs, as trendy new kitchens are a major point of interest for today’s homebuyers. Checkout our projects here.
Schedule a Consultation for Kitchen Renovation in Vancouver
By combining fine aesthetics with form and function, Kanox Construction sets itself apart from other kitchen renovation companies in Vancouver. We design and build kitchens that are uniquely tailored to your individual wants and needs. In business for over 25 years, we are proud to say that much of our business is repeat or referral- an accurate testament to our dedication to superior customer service.
When you hire us for your kitchen renovation project, our specialists will meet with you to discuss your lifestyle, preferences, and anything else you think is essential to creating the ideal kitchen. They will also visit your home take measurements so that we can create a unique design plan that’s specific to your needs.
After the design plan is complete, we will help you select the right colour and style of fixture and appliance. At Kanox Construction, we know that your kitchen is a vital part of your home and will build you a functional and fashionable kitchen that represents the highest value in products and services. For more information or to schedule a consultation, call (778) 865-4368.